corner corner How do I get a BCID number

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

How do I get a BCID number

Just found first book....YEAH! I have many books to pass on, this will be more fun than giving them to the thrift store. I've read all the newbie info but can't figure out how to get the BCID numbers for my books. I signed in the book I found, that was pretty easy to do. Stuck on getting the BCID numbers. OK, I took another look at registering a book....what does Amazon have to do with registering a book? I do not want to get caught up in some e-mail mess from sellers...i.e. amazon. In other words I don't want my e-mail box filled with people trying to sell me stuff 24/7. I do want to do this book crosssing thing, that's for sure.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Just found first book....YEAH! I have many books to pass on, this will be more fun than giving them to the thrift store. I've read all the newbie info but can't figure out how to get the BCID numbers for my books. I signed in the book I found, that was pretty easy to do. Stuck on getting the BCID numbers. OK, I took another look at registering a book....what does Amazon have to do with registering a book? I do not want to get caught up in some e-mail mess from sellers...i.e. amazon. In other words I don't want my e-mail box filled with people trying to sell me stuff 24/7. I do want to do this book crosssing thing, that's for sure.
Profile Image
Hi, and welcome! The site uses Amazon as one of several options for looking up the book-details of newly-registered books, and using it that way will NOT subject you to unwanted emails from Amazon, but if you'd rather not use it at all you can use the "skip" button on the "register book" page and fill in its details (title, author, category) yourself. Or select "Google books" from the list of lookup-options.

The "register book" page is the way to generate a BCID for your book, so once you get past the lookup part you should see how it works. And for more info on the site, check out the "information" tab.

Hope you enjoy BookCrossing!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.