corner corner I am a newbie and i need help please

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

I am a newbie and i need help please

Hi Im am new to this site as I found a book on a bench by chance. I totally fell in love with this idea and as I am a published author myself and love all things bookworm, I decided to read and pass the book on.

My only problem is I want to do read and share more. So my question is how do I do this? how do I get the books and labels to share with people ?

Im really not too sure what to do or how to start this so any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi Im am new to this site as I found a book on a bench by chance. I totally fell in love with this idea and as I am a published author myself and love all things bookworm, I decided to read and pass the book on.

My only problem is I want to do read and share more. So my question is how do I do this? how do I get the books and labels to share with people ?

Im really not too sure what to do or how to start this so any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
Profile Image
how do I get the books and labels to share with people ?

I use books I read but do not want to keep, books I am never going to read, books my friends give me for bookcrossing.
Then I register them on this site. Just try and if you have problems with that ask again.
Them I lable them. I order the lables in the shop to support the site. But to get started and to try out you can just sign them by handwriting. That is fine as well :-)

Does that answer any of your questions?
Just try out and have fun :-D
Profile Image
Hi, batgirl73, and welcome! If you haven't already done so, do check out the FAQ and the "How to BookCross" sections under the "information" tab - that might answer some of your questions.

As Rochester74 pointed out, you can label your books by hand or buy labels from the Supply Store, or you can print the free labels from the "labels" page under the "store" tab - or do all three; I tend to use the supply store labels for better-condition books and the print-for-free ones for the more battered, "well-read" books.

As for sources of books, I've found inexpensive ones at secondhand shops, thrift stores, and yard sales - and sometimes for free, on book-swap shelves or even the occasional box left at the curb! I don't know where you're located, but there may be similar sources in your area. And of course you don't have to acquire lots of books (though some of us (a) read a lot and (b) got addicted to BookCrossing!); you can simply release books as they free up from your own to-be-read shelf.

If you'd like to exchange books with other BookCrossers, check out the "Random Acts" forum. And do check the "go hunting" pages for your area; you might catch more wild books, and might get some ideas for release spots for your own books.

Hope you enjoy BookCrossing!
Profile Image
Yeah I'm new too, I'm about to print a label and send my book out into the world :) Happy book hunting or whatever
Profile Image
Yeah I'm new too, I'm about to print a label and send my book out into the world :) Happy book hunting or whatever

good luck, let us know how it goes and don't get disheartened if no one comes to this site to say they have found it.
Profile Image
I find a lot of my books that I release at garage sales. I can get boxes of them cheap.
Profile Image
Same here. Garage sales and local small shops.
Profile Image
Make your library mobile. Or just set up a book exchange party..sounds cool right
Profile Image
Library book sales are a good source of inexpensive books too, if your local library does them once or twice a year.
Profile Image
...there might be a meetup in your area
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/22

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.