corner corner Finding Active local zones

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Finding Active local zones

Hi, All! I am just about to release my first book into the wild! Yea!

For future books, I was hoping I could improve my odds of getting them caught by seeing which zones in Anchorage are more active. Is there a was to view where books have been caught in my area? I poked around but could not find one.

I tried the General Search using "Anchorage", but the results were 28 pages long. Hoping for a more concise search.

Thanks!
Wendy Hallback, Anchorage, AK

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi, All! I am just about to release my first book into the wild! Yea!

For future books, I was hoping I could improve my odds of getting them caught by seeing which zones in Anchorage are more active. Is there a was to view where books have been caught in my area? I poked around but could not find one.

I tried the General Search using "Anchorage", but the results were 28 pages long. Hoping for a more concise search.

Thanks!
Wendy Hallback, Anchorage, AK
Profile Image
Is there a was to view where books have been caught in my area?

Hi, and welcome! No, there's no easy way to work out which locations have had the most catches - and even if there were, that wouldn't guarantee future catches. There's been a lot of discussion in the Release Techniques forum of ways to try and improve catch-rates, and you might find that of interest. Also check out the Site Watch forum, where people report catches; some of those feature very intriguing release-spots such as the tops of mountains or on statues. (It often seems that people are more likely to journal books that they've found in places where they didn't expect to see books at all; while there are catches from books left at book-swap shelves, the scenic releases do seem to do a bit better.)

But in general I'd say don't try to over-think it - some of my least-promising, most casual releases wound up getting caught, while others that I'd gone to much more trouble with have yet to be heard from. I like to try to find fun places to go, so that I enjoy the process of releasing the books whether I get an immediate catch or not.

Hope you enjoy BookCrossing!
Profile Image
Hi whallback, welcome to BookCrossing. Nice to have you with us. Good luck with your first release.
Profile Image

Welcome!

GoryDetails is right, catches will surprise you. Anchorage has a lot of zones see Go Hunting http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/4809

Have fun.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.