corner corner Not such a newbie but a learner

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Not such a newbie but a learner

Hey I'm MJ
I'm a student veterinary surgeon, and has returned to this site after years away!
I tried book crossing a few years ago doing wild releases but this was totally unsuccessful! Am now back looking to do controlled releases. Have plenty of YA books to share. If anyone wants to swap (if can?) And offer advice for successful crossing please share! Many thanks.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hey I'm MJ
I'm a student veterinary surgeon, and has returned to this site after years away!
I tried book crossing a few years ago doing wild releases but this was totally unsuccessful! Am now back looking to do controlled releases. Have plenty of YA books to share. If anyone wants to swap (if can?) And offer advice for successful crossing please share! Many thanks.
Profile Image
Welcome back, good you give it another try. You might enjoy it this time.
Profile Image
I hope so it's a great idea but not very popular where I live. As I'm always travelling to university and various work placements I'm hoping to Leave a few where ever I go :)
Profile Image
I started bookcrossing in the village where I live now. My goal was to make every street a release point. In the meantime I got to learn my way around. I do get some results but the books are allways picked up and that is the main thing. A JE is the icing on the cake.
When we are out with the Camper I leave a book at every place we have been and not because of the JE's, but because it's fun.
Profile Image
Welcome back! If you're interested in trading, check out the "Random Acts" forum - and you could also take a look at the Bookrings forum, where people send individual books or boxes of books around. [Postage can be a concern, so do check to see if specific offers are limited to particular geographic areas - and be aware of postage costs in your own country before you commit to a trade, bookring, or bookbox.]

As for BookCrossing in general, there are no guarantees on wild releases being caught - but many of them do turn up, sometimes years later and perhaps half a world away! Check out the Site Watch forum for some encouraging reports of that kind.

I do recommend wild-releasing a book or two in your area even if you decide to focus on swaps-by-mail; you never know when a wild book will attract a new BookCrosser!
Profile Image
I will do a bit of both i think :)
What is a bookring? Ect
Very new to these terms!
Profile Image
What is a bookring? Ect
Very new to these terms!

Then the FAQ will probably help you feel more at home. Especially the 'Terminology' section.
http://www.bookcrossing.com/faqs

Welcome back!
Profile Image

YA books

....I'm thinking refers to Young Adult books? If so I believe my friend McPig reads a lot of those. I'll give him the heads up to look here!! (He lives in Netherlands)
Profile Image
I've got some YA available to trade if you don't mind sending to the Netherlands, and if you have something I like, but can't find anything on my available list, I'm willing to order you something from bookdepository
Profile Image
Just dropping in to highlight that DerbyshireE11 (of Derbyshire UK) has been talking about getting an International Young Adult VBB (Virtual Book Box) up and running.
For more info, see here
http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/515400

FYI a VBB is an electronic list of books, that have been placed in a virtual box for others to choose out of.
You can take whatever you like out, and replace the same amount with the books of the same genre etc.

Also while I am here, I might as well plug a YA book that is currently travelling around of mine: http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/509880

Have fun!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.