corner corner What if no-one finds my book?

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

What if no-one finds my book?

I have recently wild released 2 books at Hannahs,Seale-Hayne. (In Devon,UK) Not many people come here,and I'm worried that my book won't be found by anyone! What to do?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I have recently wild released 2 books at Hannahs,Seale-Hayne. (In Devon,UK) Not many people come here,and I'm worried that my book won't be found by anyone! What to do?
Profile Image
Hello hazelflower,
there is a good chance that your books will be found and maybe read by other people than bookcrossers. Even if they do not journal your books.
Welcome to Bookcrossing :-)
Profile Image
Hi, and welcome! There's no way to predict which books will get journaled by finders, or how quickly that will happen - some of my books have checked in after months or years, while others get journaled within hours. And, of course, quite a few have yet to be heard from, so I like to imagine that they're tucked away on a bookshelf or in a box in the attic or under the bed, and will resurface someday!

I recommend browsing the Site Watch forum now and then, for reassurance that books DO get journaled, even if yours haven't yet.

The Release Techniques forum has some good threads on ways to improve the odds that your books will be journaled - mainly by making sure that they're labeled clearly and permanently, with the correct (and legible!) BCIDs, but even under the best circumstances books sometimes go unjournaled. That doesn't mean someone's not reading and enjoying them, though!
Profile Image
Thanks for your helpful messages! I've decided to release them at a train station instead,because they've got more chance of being found there!
Profile Image
Thanks for your helpful messages! I've decided to release them at a train station instead,because they've got more chance of being found there!

I often release at train stations and on trains but have never had a journal entry for them. However I know some (if not all) are found as I have even sat a few seats away and watched a lady put my book in her bag :)

I don't worry about getting journal entries for my wild release, as nice as they are, I know that there is a good chance that someone somewhere out there has picked up my book.

Enjoy your releasing and bookcrossing.
Profile Image
....but its great when they do! Some take a good few years & others pop in unexpected places. I left one at a train station OBCZ in West Yorkshire & it turned up nearly a year later in Cambodia!

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/7523792

Don't lose heart, just keep releasing & more importantly, have fun doing it :o)
Profile Image
some other people it's probably already read:)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.