corner corner BookCrossing stamp, where to find?

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

BookCrossing stamp, where to find?

Years ago I found my first BookCrossing book, inside was a stamp with the websites name as well as a line for the registered number. Can anyone help me find one of these to purchase I would love to use this for releasing books!
Thank you!!!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Years ago I found my first BookCrossing book, inside was a stamp with the websites name as well as a line for the registered number. Can anyone help me find one of these to purchase I would love to use this for releasing books!
Thank you!!!
Profile Image
I've not seen these listed in the store (there's a link to the bookcrossing store up the top, on one of the green tabs) but i wonder if it may have been a custom made one? Perhaps if you were to google "custom made rubber stamps" or something, and see what comes up? That might be the way to get one....
Profile Image
I use several different types of BC stamps, including those formerly available from the Supply Store (a self-inking stamp in red, and a rubber stamp) as well as a dandy little self-inking black stamp that was given out in the goodie bags at the Washington DC convention a few years back. And I've also "rolled my own" stamp by buying a customizable stamp from an office-supply store and setting it up with the BookCrossing URL and a brief message.

The Supply Store doesn't carry stamps any more (it wasn't economical to stock and ship them), but you might be able to get hold of one if you post a request in the "Random Acts" forum - someone who has spares on hand may be willing to swap one for a book or postage. Or you could check your own office-supply store to see what they have in the way of customizable stamps.

[Side note: if you created a BookCrossing account back when you found your first BC book, you could re-connect to it by contacting BC support with your original screen-name or other identifying information. And welcome back!]
Profile Image
Man, I wish they still made them, I feel as if these are a money saver for those of us who have tons of books to spare!! But thank you both so much, I will definantley look into all of your suggestions!
Profile Image
The Supply Store doesn't carry stamps any more (it wasn't economical to stock and ship them),

That is true, but we (speaking as the Supply Store here) are thinking about new ways to make it possible, and if we can bring them back, we will.
Profile Image
The Supply Store doesn't carry stamps any more (it wasn't economical to stock and ship them),

That is true, but we (speaking as the Supply Store here) are thinking about new ways to make it possible, and if we can bring them back, we will.

I'd like a stamp too! I was recently sent a RABCK book that contained a red circular stamp inside and I was wondering where it came from and if I could get one similar. Hope it will be possible to bring them back to the supply store.
Profile Image
I found this thread because I was looking for a stamp too. If you ever decide to recreate them, I'm in :-)
Profile Image
and find a local company to make it for you perhaps. This would be a one off expense. I once had an ink rubber stamp made with my address to use on envelopes.
Nowadays I buy the BC stickers to support BC. (Spine sticker and main inside sticker) There are some the BC shop doesn't supply, so I still make those myself.
I also have an ink rubber stamp with wattle blossom on it, to match my user name.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.