corner corner Can I filter title AND location?

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Can I filter title AND location?

Dear bookcrossers,
Sorry if this is an "old question", but I am new here!
When I search for a precise book title, I obtain "hundreds" of results. One can filter them by their status, recent entries, location etc. However, in the case of "location", there is some alphabetic rule (A-Z); one is forced to click every entry, in order to discover the particular location.
Is there some more practical way? Can I filter the book title AND the location, this would simplify the search a lot, I believe.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Dear bookcrossers,
Sorry if this is an "old question", but I am new here!
When I search for a precise book title, I obtain "hundreds" of results. One can filter them by their status, recent entries, location etc. However, in the case of "location", there is some alphabetic rule (A-Z); one is forced to click every entry, in order to discover the particular location.
Is there some more practical way? Can I filter the book title AND the location, this would simplify the search a lot, I believe.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Profile Image
would you need this search finction for?

I can't think right now for a way to search with both criterias.
Profile Image
Dear Bluemchenblatt,

Well, let's say I am looking for a particular title like "Gone with the wind". As I live in Germany, it doesn't really help to now that there is such a book available or travelling in Australia, does it?
I have until now found no way to filter out the books available in Germany. If somebody knows the trick, it would be great to know!

Profile Image
I have until now found no way to filter out the books available in Germany.

I don't think that is possible. That is probably because BookCrossing was never designed as a great way to get books. Instead, it was designed as a great way to send your own books out into the world and then track them.
If you are mainly interested in getting hold of certain books, there are better websites out there.
Profile Image
What are the better websites? I live in Turkey and basically want to exchange books with other people living here. For that I'd like to be able to see a list of books people are offering / releasing in Turkey. If Bookcrossing isn't for that, then what is? I've been looking at Bookmooch, but it doesn't seem to be very well supported. Librarything is good for poking around other people's libraries, but I haven't found an easy way to send enquiries or requests through it. Do you have any other ideas?
Profile Image
What are the better websites?

I'm sorry, I wouldn't know, I don't use such sites. Amd which is the best probably varies a lot by location.
I would have said BookMooch... what do you mean by 'not well supported'?
Profile Image
For that I'd like to be able to see a list of books people are offering / releasing in Turkey.

You can watch for books being released in Turkey; see the "go hunting" page under the "books and people" tab. Granted, there doesn't seem to be a lot of wild-release action there right now, but you never know! It is true that there's no guarantee that you can successfully hunt a wild book, as someone else may pick it up before you get there, but that can be part of the fun, rather like going fishing.

For swaps, check out the "Random Acts" forum, and for other books-by-mail, see the "Bookrings" forum. You can look for offers that include international mailing, or can start a thread of your own inviting trading partners. Browse the site FAQ and the individual forums for a bit to see how things work, and you might find something that suits your desires.

If you aren't interested in tracking the travels of your own books, BookCrossing may not be the place for you, but I hope you'll give it a try even if you'd like to focus on book-swaps. Good luck!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.