corner corner Crossing Zone listing style

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Crossing Zone listing style

I’m not a newbie but as my question is newbie-ish, I’m posting it here. If there is already a thread regarding the following, please post the link here.

For clarity or uniformity, is there a preferred style of entering the location name of a crossing zone, especially if there are multiple locations? For example, the name of popular coffee shop chain, I’ll call it Stirbuks.

Stirbuks - Main and First
Stirbuks, Main and First
Stirbuks @ Main and First
Stirbuks at Main and First
Stirbuks on Main and First

As for cross streets, any preferred method of listing?
Main and First
Main & First
Main/First
Main/1st

Etc… Thank you.

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I’m not a newbie but as my question is newbie-ish, I’m posting it here. If there is already a thread regarding the following, please post the link here.

For clarity or uniformity, is there a preferred style of entering the location name of a crossing zone, especially if there are multiple locations? For example, the name of popular coffee shop chain, I’ll call it Stirbuks.

Stirbuks - Main and First
Stirbuks, Main and First
Stirbuks @ Main and First
Stirbuks at Main and First
Stirbuks on Main and First

As for cross streets, any preferred method of listing?
Main and First
Main & First
Main/First
Main/1st

Etc… Thank you.
Profile Image
When I'm in a new town, I look at the other entries on the release list for that town and try to mimic local pratice. I suspect it's up to the individual.
Profile Image
I would avoid characters like @ and &. They seem to cause problems in the listings. And I second the advice to follow local practice, I think that is a great idea.
Profile Image
I did a big clean-up of Calgary, Alberta zones, because we had a real mess. For me, the main idea is just to be consistent with what ever style you choose. This will ensure tidy alpha-sorting.

I group all similar ones together, such as:

McDonalds - Falconridge
McDonalds - Glenmore Landing
McDonalds - MacLeod Trail

If you care to look at our zones, here is the Go Hunting link:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/74148?...
Profile Image
I did a big clean-up of Calgary, Alberta zones, because we had a real mess. For me, the main idea is just to be consistent with what ever style you choose. This will ensure tidy alpha-sorting.

I group all similar ones together, such as:

McDonalds - Falconridge
McDonalds - Glenmore Landing
McDonalds - MacLeod Trail

If you care to look at our zones, here is the Go Hunting link:

http://www.bookcrossing.com/---/74148?...

I hear you sister.
Profile Image
Thanks all for your replies. I checked your link Fracula and the Alberta list looks good.

I think I'll stick to the following format; it seems easier on the eyes:

Stirbuks - Main/First

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.