corner corner How do I add a book to my wishlist?

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

How do I add a book to my wishlist?

Just when I thought that I was getting around the site just fine, I realized that I don't know how to do something that I should be able to figure out on my own. Can someone help me out? How do I create a wishlist?

Thanks in advance!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Just when I thought that I was getting around the site just fine, I realized that I don't know how to do something that I should be able to figure out on my own. Can someone help me out? How do I create a wishlist?

Thanks in advance!
Profile Image
The simplest way to add wishes: there's an "add to wishlist" link on each book's "global overview" page, so if you see a book you're interested in on the BC site you can click on its global-overview icon and use the "add to wishlist" link to add it to your list. (Once you've added a wish this way, the global-overview page will show a "remove wish" option that you can use if you want to take the wish off of the list. Or you can view the wishlist and use the "remove" button next to the specific wish.)

You can view your wishlist via the link in the list box at the upper right of your profile page (it'll say "select filter", and "wishlist" is one of the options). Once there's at least one book on the list, your wishlist page will have an "add book" option that you can use if you want a book that isn't in the BC database already.

Hope that helps!
Profile Image
Yes, many thanks, GoryDetails. Off to try it out right now. :)
Profile Image
The simplest way to add wishes: there's an "add to wishlist" link on each book's "global overview" page, so if you see a book you're interested in on the BC site you can click on its global-overview icon and use the "add to wishlist" link to add it to your list. (Once you've added a wish this way, the global-overview page will show a "remove wish" option that you can use if you want to take the wish off of the list. Or you can view the wishlist and use the "remove" button next to the specific wish.)

You can view your wishlist via the link in the list box at the upper right of your profile page (it'll say "select filter", and "wishlist" is one of the options). Once there's at least one book on the list, your wishlist page will have an "add book" option that you can use if you want a book that isn't in the BC database already.

Hope that helps!

Thank you :) I was looking for same solution also.
Profile Image
Brilliant! Thank you!! I was looking for an answer to this! Not technically a newbie but new to this new look BC site (guess it isn't new for most but I'm still trying to find my way around it!)
Profile Image
new to this new look BC site

And I'm so glad to 'see' you again. Welcome back!
Profile Image
And I'm so glad to 'see' you again. Welcome back!

Thank you Moem! I went to the Leeds BCUK Uncon and I'm hooked once again!
Profile Image
I'm hooked once again!

Hooked is good!!
Profile Image
Welcome back Molyneux and thanks for bringing this thread to the top. I have just added 25 books to my wishlist and removed 4 as I have been updating the old Cliff's Wish Site for the last 3 years as I had no idea we had this option!
Profile Image
Thank you meganh! It's a very good addition to the site isn't it - though I think the wishlist facitlity has been here for a while now! (However I'd forgotten how to use it!)
Profile Image
Again not a newbie! How do I look at another member's wishlist? Got someone who isn't a friend that I need to get a book for for the Convention.
Profile Image
How do I look at another member's wishlist?

You go to their profile and open the white drop-down list on the right, then pick 'wish list'.

For example, if I want to see you wishlist, I go to your profile page, then at the right I see:
teachie's Books:
Select Filters...

Clicking on 'select filters' opens the drop-down list, and 'wish list' is one of the entries.
Profile Image
Thank you for the response, I couldn't remember how I had been adding to my wishlist which seemed so easy at the time. Now I'll be unstoppable! :D
Profile Image
Thanks a lot for this tip. I was a bit frustrated trying to find a solution for that.

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.