corner corner BCID numbers

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

BCID numbers

I printed the prenumbered labels and attached to my book releases, now that i am registering each book they come up with a different number?? any way to edit these on the site so numbers are the same.

Complete Thread

Profile Image

BCID numbers

I printed the prenumbered labels and attached to my book releases, now that i am registering each book they come up with a different number?? any way to edit these on the site so numbers are the same.
Profile Image
i found a way to correct numbers but now I have a double entry of books and i would like to know how to delete the ones i dont want
Profile Image
When you put a *pre-numbered* label in a book, you don't click on the "Register Book" button, you click on "Journal Entry". Then the screen will ask you for the BCID (the number on your 'pre-numbered' label), and you enter it. There will be a screen saying that this is a number from a pre-numbered label, and that you should enter the details about the book, rate it, and anything else you may want to say, just like when you register a book. I hope this makes sense. Awesome Aud
Profile Image
Thanks for the reply, I did that and it worked, but now I have to figure out how to delete those "old" double entrys...any ideas?
Profile Image
You could email Ron Hornbaker and ask him to delete those entries (include the BCID numbers you want deleted). In the mean time, you could simply edit the journal entries of those BCIDs to read something like "This book was registered in error, please ignore" Awesome Aud

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.