corner corner Late release

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Late release

I meant well, but I didn't get my book released until today, about ten days after it was originally planned. Should I make another journal note? I released it in the same spot as I had planned and it was gone before I left the store!

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I meant well, but I didn't get my book released until today, about ten days after it was originally planned. Should I make another journal note? I released it in the same spot as I had planned and it was gone before I left the store!
Profile Image
If it's gone already, make another journal entry (with you logged in), and state that it is no longer there. DO NOT click the box for still in the wild and it will be taken off the "Go Hunting" site. Sal
Profile Image
You can make another note, if you wish to do so, but it doesn't really matter. And, as far as I'm concerned, the book is "in the wild" till someone logs it on this site. I disagree with the practice of removing them from "wild" status just because they've been picked up - who knows what's happening with that book? Besides, MANY books are placed where the releaser can NOT check to see if they have been taken. You may do as you wish, but I don't intend to change the status on released books unless Ron tells me to. And, if that happens, I'll just stop marking them as released.
Profile Image
...if you know it is no longer at the release site, and people go to the "Go Hunting" site and start looking for that book, well it's kind of deceiving the people who are looking. Sal
Profile Image
All of the releases are dated. If a person reads the description enough to find the specific location of a book, the release date is there, too. Furthermore, as quickly as MOST books are taken, it's really too late to go hunting more than a few hours later. There are exceptions, where the book has been put in a lost & found bin or something, but those books might still be there weeks later when you've already removed them from the list. And, as I've said before, I'm having books carried to other states, other countries - how would I check if they've been taken? The only sure knowledge that the book is no longer "wild" is when someone logs it here - and I'm willing to wait.
Profile Image
...about the "as quickly as MOST books are taken, it's really too late to go hunting more than a few hours later" (within 24 hours any way). So maybe we should have another link, say, "Still In The Wild", and these books would automatically be transferred from the "Go Hunting" site after one week if a journal entry has not been made. Sal
Profile Image
Why bother?? I know some people make many journal entries for the same book, but I keep it to one when I register a book and one when I release it. If I don't release it exactly on the date I thought I would, who cares?? Eventually, it'll get out there and run around, looking for a reader. I can't imagine that anyone would actually go out and LOOK for a book in a particular spot!
Profile Image
Oops, I just a post by someone who WAS out looking for a book. So sorry!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.