corner corner Are people actually finding and registering books?

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Are people actually finding and registering books?

Hi, I've just been reading the Leader Board, and so far, I haven't come across any books that were released in the wild and actually found by a stranger who then registered the book here. I heard the NPR report, and that's why I'm here, and I think it's a great idea, but I'm wondering whether it has really been working as intended at all?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi, I've just been reading the Leader Board, and so far, I haven't come across any books that were released in the wild and actually found by a stranger who then registered the book here. I heard the NPR report, and that's why I'm here, and I think it's a great idea, but I'm wondering whether it has really been working as intended at all?
Profile Image
See the FAQs for links to the Leader Board for books.
Profile Image
Hi nine,
Haven't had near as many "successfull releases" as I would like; but did have one (in just the way you asked about). If you look on my book shelf under the book Sybil (or search the book Sybil) you can read the entry by the "stranger" who picked my book up. I know others have been picked up; but they have not been recorded. Hopefully they will pass them on and the next guy will record it.
NavyMom
Profile Image
Thanks, NavyMom! That's exactly what I was hoping to see. It's exciting, isn't it? I'll follow along to see if someone else picks up Sybil! I'm still trying to decide which book to release first. Unfortunately, I recently cleaned out my bookshelves and got rid of a bunch of books, before I heard about BookCrossing!

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.