corner corner How do I get a book

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

How do I get a book

Hi all,

I'm new here and really think this is so cool! But I don't understand how the system works and how to actually get a book I'd be interested in borrowing to read. I don't see any place where it explains this either. Can someone help me? Thanks so much in advance,

Wren

Complete Thread

Profile Image
Hi all,

I'm new here and really think this is so cool! But I don't understand how the system works and how to actually get a book I'd be interested in borrowing to read. I don't see any place where it explains this either. Can someone help me? Thanks so much in advance,

Wren
Profile Image
Oops, never mind. I get it now...I thought people sent you books they released but I get it now. You have to go hunt around in your town for them. Ok. It doesn't say this anywhere though and it's kind of confusing how the whole thing works at first. Cool. Thanks.
Profile Image
Fortunately, you are not limited to finding books that people have scattered about. Some people exchange books through their friends and e-mail book clubs. Others are exchanged through a service like http://www.sf-books.com (people post wish lists and trade books). Books that are traded this way are considered to have "traveled" even if they haven't been "released into the wild."

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.