corner corner Retrieving books

Forum | << Newbies | Refresh | Search

corner corner

Sort Options Toggle Stats Options

Profile Image

Retrieving books

I wonder if people are not a bit squeamish about picking up a book left somewhere. I'm not sure if I would just take it unless I found it in a house or someplace I am familiar with somehow. What is your experience?

Complete Thread

Profile Image
I wonder if people are not a bit squeamish about picking up a book left somewhere. I'm not sure if I would just take it unless I found it in a house or someplace I am familiar with somehow. What is your experience?
Profile Image
As recommended on the Labels page, we encourage members to put a bright Post-It note on the front of books and write in big letters "FREE BOOK - Pick me up and look inside!" or something to that effect.
Profile Image
A few years ago we were stranded at an airport and my young daughter picked up a book someone had left behind. Since there was no-one else in the area where she found the book, I accepted it and started reading it. Initially I expected someone would come back to claim it, but no-one did, and, having become engrossed in the book, I eventually took it on the plane with us. If it had had a BookCrossings label (or 'free' note), it would have made me feel more comfortable keeping it! Now that I know about BookCrossing I'm going to go dig that book up and re-release it! :c)

Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.