CHOOSE YOUR OWN BOOKCROSSING JOURNEYby BCinDC
December 23, 2010
On the weekend of April 15-17, 2011, hundreds of BookCrossers will descend upon the Washington, D.C., area to celebrate the 10th birthday of BookCrossing. There will be themed games; speakers; an amazing raffle; and outings to museums, the largest library
of the world, one of the most historic towns in America, Civil War battlefields, the National Zoo, and a center full of free books. Will you:
A. join in all the fun at the BookCrossing Convention?
B. sit at home and wish you were there?
Here’s a hint: pick choice A!
So you heard it here: the annual convention returns to the United States in 2011 and will be held in its capital city, Washington, D.C. With so much to see and do, the most difficult part of your journey will be choosing what to take part in.
Some of the fun BCinDC already has planned for you includes:
* Multiple book buffets open 24/7
* A kickoff reception with light snacks and exciting activities
* Dozens of different themed games and opportunities to win raffle tickets, including a weekend-long reverse scavenger hunt
* Library of Congress tours
* Multiple release walk opportunities: on the National Mall, through the D.C. Sculpture gardens, in Old Town Alexandria, and in Crystal City
* Literary Museum Hopper event
* Breakfasts on both Saturday and Sunday mornings
* Time to visit the museum, gallery, attraction, or monument of your choice
* A full banquet dinner with speeches and presentations
* Colorful convention t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies
* Free wireless Internet at the convention venue
* Amazing goodie bags
* Outings to the Book Thing of Baltimore and Edgar Allan Poe landmarks, Civil War battlefields, the Old Post Office, the U.S. Capitol Building, the National Zoo, Old Town Alexandria, the Kensington Day of the Book Festival, or Arlington Cemetery
* Extreme early bird dinner at Union Station and a bus tour of the Washington monuments by moonlight
* Early bird activities including guided tours of many different attractions; or a Markeroni snarfari and release walk
* Hanger-on dinner at an Irish restaurant to help us look forward to the 2012 Convention in Dublin
* Much more!
Are you ready to join the fun? You’re in luck: registration is open! You can register online now. The price of registration rises on March 16, finally closing on March 24. There is also a payment plan available. It pays to register early because once you pay for your registration, you will be able to reserve your spot for any add-ons and activities. The discounted room price at the convention venue, the Crystal City Sheraton, is good until March 16, subject to room availability. Rooms are filling quickly so reserve yours today.
You can also purchase official convention apparel. Use the add-ons form to buy shirts, sweatshirts, and more. Whether you can make it to the convention or not, you can purchase convention products at the BookCrossing Spreadshirt store and have them shipped directly to you.
You can find out much more about the 2011 BookCrossing Convention on our website. There you will find schedules, multiple FAQs, registration & hotel information, a discussion forum, and downloadable convention goodies. Subscribe to our blog or check the website every Wednesday for a new installment in our Adventure Series, showcasing many different area attractions you might see during the convention.
With so many things to see and do in the Washington, D.C., area, how will you Choose Your Own BookCrossing Journey?